Wednesday 19 July 2017

Rereading Ulysses

Re-reading book Ulysses by James Joyce. Wanted to do it for some time. Read so much about the book and its importance. It was in my book curriculum at the high school but at the time this book was not interested to me.

At first, I was confused how hard it is to read it. It's a chaotic and unstructured book with no straightforward meaning.

After first 100 pages it came to me that this book is really written by the genius.

I felt it is actually very revealing to would-be-writers. I felt that Joyce wanted to demonstrate how it is easy to write. Just fix those words on the paper and wait for the miracle to happen.

Everybody can write in small sized bits, in episodes of daily life with the stream of conscionesses.

It's very liberating for the writers.

I am looking forwared for the next 200 pages.

No comments: