Statistics about internet usage in Croatia. The poll was conducted in November 2005 by Gfk Croatia ( web site down ).
It'a about croatian internet users, internet penetration rates in Croatia, housholds who own PC, users habits, and structure of croatian internet users.
For understanding wider context, please see CIA's WordFact book, World Internet Stat page.
The main findings:
- - 35 % people said they are internet users ( among those 15 years older ),
- - 48 % croatian housholds has a PC at home ( 7 % of them have laptop computer ),
- - 35 % said they have internet access,
- - 0,6 % has a broadband ( Turkey leads southeastern Europe by 0,7 % broadband rate , exluding Slovenia )- though, this number is at the end of January much higher ,
- - 50- 50 % internet usage by gender,
- - Users among those 15- 24 years 34 %, those among 25- 34 % - 27 %,
- - Usage among croatian regions: 35 % Zagreb capital, 20 % Dalmatia ( southern Croatia ) , 14 % Istra and Primorje, 13 % northern Croatia, 12 % Slavonia and Baranja ( eastern Croatia ),
- - Usage by households monthly earning : 30 % - 6.000- 8.000 kunas ( about $ 1150 ), 30 %- more than 8.000 kunas ( more than $ 1150 ), 25 %- 3.500-6.000 ( about $ 740 ),
- - The point of internet acces, ( most used ): 68 % at home, 20 % at work , 6 % at education institution,
- - The frequency of use: 37 % - every day, 28 %- several days a week, 12 % - once a week ,
- - The reason for using internet: 66 % - email, 59 % - daily information and news, 47 % - literature, 26 % - games and music, 17 % - travel, 15 % paying bills, 14 % - chat, 7 %- shopping ,
- - Average time spend on the net ( weekly ) : 37 % - 2,5 hours, 25 % - 2,5 to 5 hours ( 9 % of users said they consider them self internet addicts ),