2002. - 2015.
Sustained, escalating, reciprocal, personal self-disclosure. Staring into each other’s eyes for four minutes
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell your partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
21. What roles do love and affection play in your life?
22. Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your partner. Share a total of five items.
23. How close and warm is your family? Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
24. How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
25. Make three true “we” statements each. For instance, “We are both in this room feeling ... “
26. Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share ... “
27. If you were going to become a close friend with your partner, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
28. Tell your partner what you like about them; be very honest this time, saying things that you might not say to someone you’ve just met.
29. Share with your partner an embarrassing moment in your life.
30. When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself?
31. Tell your partner something that you like about them already.
32. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
33. If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet?
34. Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
35. Of all the people in your family, whose death would you find most disturbing? Why?
36. Share a personal problem and ask your partner’s advice on how he or she might handle it. Also, ask your partner to reflect back to you how you seem to be feeling about the problem you have chosen.
...read Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
...have fun with M. from Dirje
...listening german podcasts ( ZDF, Tagesschau )
...contemplate about human resources
...reading book by Andrew Keen
...writing ideas down in my Moleskin notebook
...save internet links in Delicious
...meet my familiy over dinner
...doing public procurement of small values
...got new pay
...work for less money
...saved some money
Schade auf mein Deutsch :)
Griechenland wahlt heute den neuen Parlament.
Der Spitzenkandidat ist ein Linkspartei vorsitzende Alexis Tzipras.
Die ganze Europa, nicht nur die Deutschen, warten um zu sehen wie dieser Junge regieren wird.
Mir selbst, dieser Man scheint wie damals serbische oppositions Fuhrer Zoran Djindjic.
Grosse Hoffnungen haben den Griechen von diesem Mann, aba es wird sehr schwer Ihm zu realisiren alles was er verschprochen hatte, meiner Meinung nach.
Take the course ''Writing with flair '' on udemy.com which is instructed by an experienced editor and writer Shani Raja.
The course is currently deeply discounted and it will cost you only $ 10. The normal price of the course is around $ 270.
The instruction is given through short videos. There's a place for discussion with other students in forum-like environment.
Seems to me, it's great source for learning distinctive and stylish writing.
When you are writing movie script, there are numerous problems you can encounter. Here are some :
The story begins too late in the script
The scenes are void of meaningful conflict
The script has a by-the-numbers execution
The story is too thin
The villains are cartoonish, evil-for-the-sake-of-evil
The character logic is muddy
The female part is underwritten
The narrative falls into a repetitive pattern
The conflict is inconsequential, flash-in-the-pan
The protagonist is a standard issue hero
The script favors style over substance
The ending is completely anti-climactic
The characters are all stereotypes
The script suffers from arbitrary complexity
The script goes off the rails in the third act
The script's questions are left unanswered
The story is a string of unrelated vignettes
The plot unravels through convenience/contrivance
The script is tonally confused
The protagonist is not as strong as [he or she needs to] be
Recently I bought new guitar. I try to listen music whenever I have time to do so.
Back to the past when I did music almost every day for consideable time.
Try to unearth some new music and artist.
So, here's what I've been listening lately:
Pushin' Against a Stone
Mazedonian Ethnic Music
Exploring music with knowledge:
Practice, ask, desire, get it from yourself, walk around it, experiment, teach, read, write, listen, observe, put in order, define, combine, reason.
Introspection is not enough
Experimental phase is important. We do experiments to test our hypothesis.
We need to work hard and have fun with our pilot program or beta phase.
a.) to test our assumtions, whether they are valid or not
b.) to see the effects, results and statistics
c.) to mark advantages and disadvatages
d.) to do split testing, see which assumtions are better
e.) to observe all related information, get explanation and reach conclusions
f.) to rank ideas according to success criteria.
If we fail, we must fail fast. If we're right, we must put our resources behind right idea and multiply.
Simple formula: observation --> explanation --> conclusion.
First, we do introspection in the form of white paper or short review / report and then move to experimentation.
The last step is presentation of the findings and reaching of consensus.
Go or no-go.
( note: this should be our corporate memo )
Web design evolution
Anno Domini 2013 - must-have
* responsive design - desktops, smartphones, tablets
* social logins - FB, TW and LKNDIN
* white hat SEO status quo - great content and shareable
* bigger everything - pics, calls to actions, phrases, fonts
* simpler design - simple layout, white spaces
* video on homepage - visual content
* mega menus - really
The AirPlay-style "send to TV" function that Android YouTube users got in November is now coming to iOS. In an update pushed out today, Google updated YouTube for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, allowing users to automatically pair with Google TVs by tapping an on-screen button.
Corporate memo for Yahoo pajamas workers. Far from the eyes, far from the heart.
All Yahoo employees will have to work side-by-side in the corporate office and forget about telecommuting. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO, introduced this new policy that, as she hopes, will bring better productivity.
Memo's full text:
Over the past few months, we have introduced a number of great benefits and tools to make us more productive, efficient and fun. With the introduction of initiatives like FYI, Goals and PB&J, we want everyone to participate in our culture and contribute to the positive momentum. From Sunnyvale to Santa Monica, Bangalore to Beijing — I think we can all feel the energy and buzz in our offices.
To become the absolute best place to work, communication and collaboration will be important, so we need to be working side-by-side. That is why it is critical that we are all present in our offices. Some of the best decisions and insights come from hallway and cafeteria discussions, meeting new people, and impromptu team meetings. Speed and quality are often sacrificed when we work from home. We need to be one Yahoo!, and that starts with physically being together.
Beginning in June, we’re asking all employees with work-from-home arrangements to work in Yahoo! offices. If this impacts you, your management has already been in touch with next steps. And, for the rest of us who occasionally have to stay home for the cable guy, please use your best judgment in the spirit of collaboration. Being a Yahoo isn’t just about your day-to-day job, it is about the interactions and experiences that are only possible in our offices.
Thanks to all of you, we’ve already made remarkable progress as a company — and the best is yet to come.
Google Inc., a media, internet, software and advertising company, does hardware. The Chromebook Pixel is the newest high-end notebook from Google dedicated to power users and early adopters who embraced cloud philosophy.
The Samsung Chromebook has been #1 on Amazon’s bestseller list for laptops every day since it launched 125 days ago in the U.S.
But who actually needs Chromebook ? Those who need to be constantly online and who are on the go - We can call them '' The power cloud users ''
If the entire world was your coffeeshop, if you were a fully empowered road warrior, where would you work?
- the highest pixel density (239 pixels per inch) of any laptop screen on the market today,
- touch makes it simple and intuitive to do things like organize tabs, swipe through apps and edit photos with the tip of your finger,
- 720p webcam for clear video,
- the backlit keyboard,
- Intel® Core™ i5 Processor and a solid state Flash memory architecture,
- 4G LTE network,
- one terabyte of Google Drive cloud storage,
- built-in virus protection,
- Google products like Search, Gmail, YouTube, Maps and Google+ Hangouts are integrated,
- The WiFi version ($1,299 U.S. and £1,049 U.K.), the LTE version ($1,449),
- giant glass trackpad,
Computerworld : a beautifully designed laptop with a gorgeous, state-of-the-art touchscreen display and a generous amount of cloud storage
PC Magazine: It looks fantastic, and purchasing a Pixel may be an investment in the future, as Google adds more functionality.
All Things D: The Chromebook doesn’t have some of the power and graphics capabilities of the MacBook, and only runs Web-based apps, which aren’t as robust as native desktop apps. Factor in the high price, and it might be a tough sell.
Show me ! Don't tell.
The capitalism is teaching us that for any business startup you need to create business plan.
Although it helps to inform your investors about your business intentions and help you clear the path and your business journey, sometimes it makes more damage that good.
The business plan is too often static document. We need more dynamic document that documents various hypothesis and alternatives under the stress test of market forces and real customers.
We do this with a help of these tools: 1. ) Business Model Canvas Tool, 2.) Customer developement methodology, 3.) Lean start-up methodology.
First and foremost, give, be helpful to others and don't do this because you expect something in return.
Just give !
"this harlem shake stuff is blowing my mind."
I wondered if "The Harlem Shake" was still in full effect on the Internet after posting about it last week? The answer: Yup, still going strong. Don't believe me? Croatia is crazy about this meme.
As of Feb. 11, there have been over 12,000 “Harlem Shake” videos, and they’ve been watched more than 44 million times. Now, YouTube says, over 4,000 of these crazy dance videos are being uploaded per day. Those videos — more than 4,000 of which are posted each day — have been watched upward of 44 million times.
Back in the '80s, the body-quaking move was invented at a Harlem basketball game. From there, it went on to become a hip-hop dance move involving shimmies (shoulder shakes), tics (robotic starts and stops) and pops (leg spasms).
Mr. Digital Doctor Colleague
IBM introduced the first three applications of its Watson software. It will help healthcare industry to better treat cancer.
What this app really does, is that it helps doctors make informed decisions about cancer treatment options. In simple terms, it's like the combination of Google search and Apple Siri only that it is special dedicated to pull medicine data from journals, latest lab trials or physician's notes.
Watson is learning on top of new data so they call it cognitive computing.
IBM's ready to push Watson computing platform to other data-intensive industries like banking, insurance and telecommunication.
They have choosen healthcare as the first industry for Watson application because , as Manoj Saxena said, the general manager of IBM Watson Solutions, ''it has the most meaning and impact on society ''.
According to english dictionary: The ability to make, manage, and keep huge amounts of money. An ability to make and manage large amounts of money.
Google Apps for Zec Inc.
Zec is deploying Google Apps for business. It will be easy switch since Zec Inc. is doing Google every day, mostly Gmail and Calendar.
The need for cheap, simple and effective web-based solution for writing documents, spreadsheets, presentations and other office duties is fullfilled with Google Apps for business.
Tired from writing, mostly tweeting. So, I'll just post videos for a while or some other stuff. Would behave just like this is Tumblr. Luckily, it isn't.
Let's make tweets and not blogs. Just joking :)
But prefer to write short. From now on.
Wooza ;) Labels: greet.