3 Young Web Companies
Need to bookmark some names.
US entrepreneurs under 30. Young innovators and businesspeople.
It remains to be seen how they'll manage their businesses in the future. From now on, they are under my radar.
Posterous - dead simple blogging
Key people: Garry Tan and Sachin Agarwal
- heard about them more than 1 year ago,
- use it for my text columns, writing
- 5,1 million funding
- Y Combinator company
- 7 employees
- location: San Francisco
LivingSocial - online coupons
Key people: Tim O'Shaughnessy, Eddie Frederick
- heard on Facebook via app for them
- Employees: 220
- 2010 revenue: 100 million
- Washington D.C.
- Groupon and LS own 98 % of the market
iContact - e-mail marketing
Key people - Ryan Allis and Aaron Houghton
- heard about them thanks to Google AdWords ads,
- Employees: 205
- 2010 Projected Revenue: $39 million
- Location: Durham, North Carolina